Transfer to Sarajevo and check the most exciting sights of Western Serbia on this full-day trip from Belgrade by air-conditioned vehicle and with the help of an expert, English-speaking guide to accompany you throughout the day. Explore the stunning nature and rich heritage of these parts of Serbia and Bosnia.
- Free hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (4-7 pax) or private sedan car (1-3 pax)
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All fuel costs, parking fees, and road tolls
- Entrance fees to Šargan Eight scenic train and The Wooden Town
- A bottle of water per person
- Tour organization and 24/7 assistance from a licensed incoming tour operator
- Full traditional Serbian lunch (optional, 1.000-1.800 RSD per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
Aside from offering the comfort of having a vehicle and a guide just for yourself, a private tour will give you more flexibility in choosing your itinerary. This option will also allow you to choose the departure time, length of the trip, and language you want the tour to be conducted.
DURATION: 12 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: you can choose the departure time; we suggest 08:00
DEPARTURE LOCATION: from your accommodation
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST, WITH SUPPLEMENT: German, Spanish, Italian, French, Greek
ONLY DURING THIS PERIOD: April 1st – October 31st
Our tour starts from your accommodation, and we head toward Western Serbia, known for its wild and untouched nature, tasty cuisine, and friendly and hospitable people.
Our First stop is “Mećavnik-Drvengrad” or “Timbertown”. The famous director Emir Kusturica (two times Palme d’Or in Cannes winner) decided to build it during the shooting of his film “Life is a miracle.” He chose to convey ruined wooden chalets from the slopes of the mountain to restore them, equip them with luxurious facilities, and to form a new settlement. Quirky flourishes are everywhere: the Stanley Kubrick cinema shows Kusturica’s films and vintage cars are parked on twisting streets named after celebrities such as Bruce Lee and Diego Maradona (about whom Kusturica made a fascinating documentary). Here we will take a break to enjoy a traditional lunch made of specialties of the very famous cuisine of Western Serbia, irresistibly delicious and very piquant.
Although our next stop is very near Drvengrad, we have to take care of the departure time of the famous Shargan Eight scenic, historical train.
A unique narrow-gauge railway nowadays serves only for amusement. We will pass and stop at several viewpoints during our ride, from which one can see fabulous views over Mokra Gora. Authentic cars with wooden seats, wood-burning stoves, and characteristic rattling sounds will take us back to 1925 when this railway was put into operation and made a connection between Belgrade and the Adriatic Sea.
After almost a two-and-a-half-hour ride, we return to the departing station from where we continue our journey to our final destination, Sarajevo.
We’ll arrive in Sarajevo in the evening. End of services
- The default departure time is 08:00. If you want a different departure time, you should contact us and let us know what time you would like to start.
- Pick-up from any hotel, Airbnb, a pension that is up to 10 km from Republic Square, or from Belgrade port is free of charge.
- For pick-up locations further than 10 km from Republic Square, please get in touch with us directly.
- If you want to start your tour from Belgrade airport, you could do that with a supplement of 15€.
- You will receive a confirmation at the time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- The child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
Canceling your tour
We apply very simple rules. If you cancel the tour up to 24 hours before, you’ll get a 100% refund. If you cancel the tour less than 24 hours before the trip, you will not receive any refund.