Check the three most exciting sights of Western Serbia on this full-day trip from Belgrade by air-conditioned vehicle and with the help of an expert English-speaking guide to accompany you throughout the day. Explore stunning nature and take a ride on a scenic, narrow-gauge railroad train. Visit the famous Wooden village built by well-known director Emir Kusturica and admire the Drina, the most beautiful river in Serbia.
- Free hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (4-7 pax) or private sedan car (1-3 pax)
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All fuel costs, parking fees, and road tolls
- Entrance fees to Šargan Eight scenic train and The Wooden Town
- A bottle of water per person
- Tour organization and 24/7 assistance from a licensed incoming tour operator
- Full traditional Serbian lunch (optional, 1.000-1.800 RSD per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
Aside from offering the comfort of having a vehicle and a guide just for yourself, a private tour will give you more flexibility in choosing your itinerary, allowing you to choose the departure time, length of the trip, and language you want the tour to be conducted.
DURATION: 10-12 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: you can choose the departure time; we suggest 08:30
DEPARTURE LOCATION: from your accommodation
April 1st – October 31st
Our tour starts from your accommodation, and we head toward Western Serbia, known for its wild and untouched nature, tasty cuisine, and friendly and hospitable people.
Two and a half hours ride we’ll spend enjoying the beautiful landscapes and listening to interesting stories about this part of the country.
GATE OF PODRINJE: Our first stop is one of the most famous viewpoints in the area, called “Kapija Podrinja.” From here, you can enjoy a breathtaking view and admire the stunning scenery created by the surrounding mountains and the Drina river. After a short ride, we will reach our next stop, Bajina Bašta, a small town in the foothill of Mt. Tara.
THE HOUSE ON THE DRINA RIVER: Here, we will see the world-famous attraction, “The House on the Drina,” an isolated house made of logs on a river stone. A photograph of the structure was featured in National Geographic’s ‘Photo of the Day’, and not too long after that, this charming spot became one of the most photographed sights in the Balkans.
ŠARGAN EIGHT TRAIN: We will leave the house behind us and continue our trip just in time for the departure of the famous Sargan Eight scenic train. Unique narrow-gauge railway nowadays serves only for amusement. We will pass and stop at several viewpoints during our ride, from which one can see fabulous views over Mokra Gora. Authentic cars with wooden seats, wood-burning stoves, and characteristic rattling sounds will take us back to 1925 when this railway was put into operation and made a connection between Belgrade and the Adriatic Sea.
After almost two and a half-hour ride, we return to the departing station from where we continue our journey to the nearby Mećavnik, or Drvengrad (Wooden City).
THE WOODEN TOWN: The famous director Emir Kusturica (two times Palme D’Or in Cannes winner) decided to build it during the shooting of his film “Life is a miracle.” He chose to convey ruined wooden chalets from the mountain’s slopes to restore them, equip them with luxurious facilities, and form a new settlement.
Here we will make a stop to enjoy a traditional lunch made of specialties of the very famous cuisine of Western Serbia, irresistibly delicious and very piquant. (not included)
After the meal, we will head back to Belgrade to arrive late in the afternoon.
- The default departure time is 08:30. If you want a different departure time, you should contact us and let us know what time you would like to start.
- Pick-up from any hotel, Airbnb, a pension that is up to 5 km from Republic Square, or from Belgrade port is free of charge.
- For pick-up locations further than 5 km from Republic Square, please get in touch with us directly.
- If you want to start your tour at Belgrade airport, you could do that with a supplement of 15€.
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- The child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults.
- The minimum number for a shared tour to operate is three guests.
Canceling your tour
We apply very simple rules. If you cancel the tour up to 24 hrs before, you’ll get a 100% refund. If you cancel the tour less than 24 hrs before the trip, you will not receive any refund.