Enjoy a full-day tour of Zlatibor, one of Serbia’s most beautiful and famous mountains. The region of Zlatibor is famous for its folk architecture, native culture and traditions, wealthy and diverse ethnic heritage, its widely-renowned culinary specialties, and healthy food. The balmy climate earned Zlatibor a reputation for its healthy air and the status of one of the most popular tourist destinations in Serbia.
The “Gold Gondola Lift“, the longest such panoramic lift in the world, is one of the newest and already most popular tourist attractions. Nine kilometers long, this state-of-the-art air route connects the center of Zlatibor with the ski center “Tornik” via Lake Ribničko, where a stopover station is located.
Sirogojno “Old Village” open-air museum – get to know building skills and interior facilitation and how people were organizing business and family life of locals, presented in 55 buildings.
Stopića Cave has an impressive entrance hole that is 35 m wide and 18 m high. It has five units: The bright hall, The dark hall, The great hall with baths, The canal with baths, and the river canal.
- Free hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan (4-7 pax) or private sedan car (1-3 pax)
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All fuel costs, parking fees, and road tolls
- Entrance fees to Stopića Cave, Sirogojno Open-Air Museum, and Gold Gondola
- A bottle of water per person
- Tour organization and 24/7 assistance from a licensed incoming tour operator
- Full traditional Serbian lunch (optional, 1.000-1.800 RSD per person)
- Gratuities (optional)
Aside from offering the comfort of having a vehicle and a guide just for yourself, a private tour will give you more flexibility in choosing your itinerary. This option will also allow you to choose the departure time, length of the trip, and language you want the tour to be conducted.
DURATION: 12 hours
DEPARTURE TIME: you can choose the departure time; we suggest 09:30
DEPARTURE LOCATION: from your accommodation
Our tour starts from your accommodation, and we head toward Western Serbia, known for its wild and untouched nature, tasty cuisine, and friendly and hospitable people. Three hours ride we’ll spend enjoying the beautiful landscapes and listening to exciting stories about this part of the country.
The region of Zlatibor is famous for its folk architecture, native culture and traditions, wealthy and diverse ethnic heritage, its widely-renowned culinary specialties, healthy food, and the balmy climate, which have earned Zlatibor a reputation for its healthy air and the status of one of the most popular tourist destinations in Serbia.
Our first stop is Stopica Cave. Though it’s not lavish with speleothems, it does have some unique geological features. This limestone cave with a massive entrance is home to several “siga,” or limestone tubs of different sizes and depths. They are some of the largest of their kind, with some as deep as seven meters (23 feet). A number of these tubs form a slanted wall from which water continually overflows.
The underground river that runs through it has created fantastic pools and waterfalls, illuminated by colored lights to magical effect.
The next stop is Sirogojno, “Old Village.” Tumble back in time to 19th-century Serbia at this open-air museum. High-roofed, fully furnished wooden houses are spread across a pleasant mountainside; each contains displays (in English) and artifacts covering various aspects of life in old Serbia. There’s an excellent souvenir shop selling locally made handicrafts on-site.
OPTIONAL: Zip-line adventure in one of the longest European zip-lines, connecting two hills by a 550-meter long wire, with the highest point at 130m above ground. The ride lasts approx 1 minute.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Zip-line operation depends on weather conditions, so we can not guarantee availability on the day of your excursion. Also, if you choose a Zip-line adventure, you have to exclude one of the previous attractions.
OPTIONAL: Lunch break (not included in the price) in Pecinar Restaurant, in a village called Ljubis. This is a very old and well-known restaurant serving exclusively traditional Serbian food. They offer only a few dishes, but they are all homemade, prepared, and served with love. All the pies are made only after your order, and depending on the season, you will get different salads with home-grown seasonal vegetables. Their fresh-squeezed juices are amazing, especially the raspberry juice.
OPTIONAL: “Gold Gondola Lift”, the longest such panoramic lift in the world, is an of the newest and already most popular tourist attractions. Nine kilometers long, this state-of-the-art air route connects the center of Zlatibor with the ski center of Tornik, via Lake Ribničko, where a stopover station is located. The gondola lift can transport 1,200 passengers every hour and the journey takes about 25 minutes. It is the longest gondola lift in the world: with length of nine kilometers, it holds the record for the longest gondola lift in the world. The previous record was held by the Tianmen Shan cable car (7.4 km) in Zhangjiajie National Park in China, where the blockbuster movie Avatar was filmed, for which James Cameron won the Oscar for the best movie. (Gondola operation depends on weather conditions, so we can not guarantee availability on the day of your excursion).
After an almost full day on Zlatibor mountain, we will head back to Belgrade to arrive late in the afternoon.
- The default departure time is 08:00. Pick-up will be 15-30 minutes before the departure time. One day before the trip, not before 6 PM, we’ll send you an e-mail with all the pick-up details.
- Pick-up from any hotel, Airbnb, a pension that is up to 5 km from Republic Square, or from Belgrade port is free of charge. Additionally, we can pick you up from any address in Belgrade, but if the pick-up location is further than 5km but less than 10 km from the city center, we will apply a supplement of 10 EUR.
- For pick-up locations further than 10km from Republic Square, please contact us directly.
- If you want to start your tour at Belgrade airport, you could do that with a supplement of 15 EUR.
- You will receive a confirmation at the time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- We never cancel our tours; however, if you are the only person on a shared tour, a supplement of 50% will be applied. At the latest 16 hours before the trip, we will inform you in case you are the only guest on tour, and we will offer a choice between canceling the tour with no fees applied or paying the supplement of 50% of the price.
Canceling your tour
We apply very simple rules. If you cancel the tour up to 24 hrs before, you’ll get a 100% refund. If you cancel the tour less than 24 hrs before the trip, you will not receive any refund.