On this two days tour, you will discover Eastern Serbia’s hidden beauties, a region with many unrevealed secrets. With live, professional guiding, and an air-conditioned vehicle, you will visit the famous Golubac Fortress Lepenski Vir museum with the oldest Mesolithic sculptures in all of Europe. Enjoy the stunning view over the Danube while tasting some of the local specialties at The Eco-ethno complex “Kapetan Mišin breg”. On the second day of the tour, we will explore Ravnistarka cave and have a chance to find real gold nuggets in the gold-bearing Pek river. The next stop is a feast for wine and liqueur lovers – wine at brandy tasting at one of Serbia’s finest distilleries. The last stop will be most spiritual, and we will visit the 16th-century Tumane monastery.
Day 1. BELGRADE – GOLUBAC – LEPENSKI VIR – KUČEVO
Departure from Belgrade at 09 AM from your hotel. Drive to Golubac, where the remains of the medieval Golubac fortress are located on the right bank of the Danube, at the entrance to the Djerdap Gorge. The fort consists of nine massive towers connected by walls that withstood the test of time, ruled by Serbs, Hungarians, and Turks throughout history. Upon arrival, we will visit the fortress with a local guide.
After visiting the Golubac fortress, we continue to Lepenski vir, the site of one of the most elaborate prehistoric cultures, over 8000 years old. In this place, people continuously lived for about 2000 years, and during that time, they crossed the path from fruit gatherers and hunters to an organized social-economic community. Tour of the site, film screening, and a visit to the museum, where you will see the remains of houses from this time, as well as copies of the most beautiful sculptures.
After visiting Lepenski vir, we go for lunch to The Eco-ethno complex “Kapetan Mišin breg,” located in the heart of the Đerdap gorge with a unique view of the canyon, where you can take great photos in a beautiful natural environment. Within the household, there is an open-air gallery, “Man, tree, water, ” a collection of sculptures made of wood and stone, which are a permanent exhibition of the complex.
We continue our travel to Kučevo, where we arrive late in the afternoon. Accommodation in hotel Rudnik 3 *. Free time to relax in a hotel or discover more exciting things this charming little town offers.
Day 2. KUČEVO – “RAVNIŠTARKA” CAVE – “PRUNA” WINERY&DISTILERY – TUMANE MONASTERY – BELGRADE
After breakfast, we leave the hotel and departure for the presentation of gold panning. Traditionally, gold panning is carried out using two essential tools: “Pralište” – a device with separate compartments for retaining the gold and removing coarse materials and “ispitak” – a wooden or plastic container depositing purified content. The “ispitak” removes the smallest waste material and less valuable minerals and metals by rinsing with water so that only gold particles remain at the end.
After the presentations, a tour of the “Ravništarka” cave, one of the biggest caves in Serbia, with the main cave channel 501.5 m long, while all cave channels’ total length is over 600 meters. The tourist trail through the cave is 550 meters long. The Ponorac stream flows through “Ravništarka”, which springs 2 km upstream in the much smaller Bisina cave. Although the cave was visited in 1894 by the famous Serbian geographer and scientist Jovan Cvijić, he, like the locals, entered only the accessible entrance-part (60-80 m). “Ravništarka” was really discovered only almost a hundred years later – in 1980. The “trademark” of “Ravništarka” is its central canal, which looks like a giant tunnel, richly decorated with the most diverse cave jewelry. Of the figures, ” Šarac Kraljevića Marka “, ” Glavonje” and “Lepa Ravništarka” stand out, and “Lepa Ravništarka” is also the emblem of the cave.
After visiting the cave, we continue our journey towards the distillery & winery “Pruna”, located in one of Serbia’s most picturesque regions. For the magic that lies in their bottles, they can thank the mighty blue Danube, which flows near, through the Djerdap gorge, and carries a secret that gives this climate perfect viticultural characteristics. The village of Vuković and the entire Braničevo region have been known since ancient times for their quality brandy and wine made there with local villagers’ skill and knowledge, generations back.
We continue our trip to the monastery “Tumane”. A long time ago, famous Serbian hero and warrior Miloš Obilić often hunted in the surrounding beech forests. In the same woods, Sv. Zosim tried his faith in peace, silence, and a modest way of life. By mistake, Miloš shot an arrow towards the bush during the hunt, in which he thought that some wild animal was hiding, but instead of the wounded beast, Miloš found a wounded hermit. Seeing that he had wounded the man, Miloš picked up Zosimus and went with him to find help. Halfway through, Zosim addresses Miloš with the words “tu-mani”. One of Miloš’s arrows extinguished Zosim’s life, but the monastery “Tumane” was born. Today, the sanctuary of Tumane is visited by more and more people because of the miraculous relics of St. Zosima and Jakov’s saints and beautiful nature and arranged ambiance with a hospice ) by the river Tumanka.
After visiting the Tumane monastery, we will continue our trip to arrive in Belgrade late afternoon. Drop-of at your accommodation is the end of this tour.
- Free hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or private car
- Services of a professional, English-speaking guide
- 1 overnight with breakfast in hotel Rudnik 3* in Kučevo
- Tickets and entrance fees, gold panning presentation
- Food and drinks (except breakfast in the hotel)
- Wine & brandy tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
Aside from offering the comfort of having a vehicle and a guide just for yourself, a private tour will give you more flexibility in choosing your itinerary. This option will also allow you to choose the departure time, length of the trip, and language you want the tour to be conducted.
DURATION: 2 days
DEPARTURE: you can choose the departure time, we suggest 09:00
DEPARTURE LOCATION: from your accommodation
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST, WITH SUPPLEMENT: German, Spanish, Italian, French, Greek
- If you have booked the shared tour option, pick-up will be 15-30 minutes before the departure time. One day before the trip, not before 6 PM, we’ll send you an e-mail with all the pick-up details.
- If you have booked the private tour option, the default departure time is 09:00. If you want a different departure time, you should contact us and let us know what time you would like to start.
- Pick-up from any hotel, Airbnb, a pension that is up to 5 km from Republic Square, or from Belgrade port is free of charge. Additionally, we can pick you up from any address in Belgrade, but if the pick-up location is further than 5km but less than 10 km from the city center, we will apply a supplement of 10 EUR.
- For pick-up locations further than 10km from Republic Square, please contact us directly.
- If you want to start your tour at Belgrade airport, you could do that with a supplement of 15 EUR.
- You will receive a confirmation at the time of booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- We never cancel our tours; however, if you are the only person on a shared tour, a supplement of 50% will be applied. At least 16 hours before the trip, we will inform you if you are the only guest on tour, and we will offer a choice between canceling the tour with no fees applied or paying the supplement of 50% of the price.
Canceling your tour
We apply very simple rules. If you cancel the tour up to 24 hrs before, you’ll get a 100% refund. If you cancel the tour less than 24 hrs before the trip, you will not receive any refund.